Monthly NY MTA MetroCard could jump from $81 to $104 next year wo state bailout. http://tinyurl.com/6ovhgh
Honestly, weren't they talking about a surplus recently? Who are their accountants? I have not seen any improvements to the buses or subways for years. Ridership keeps increasing yet services diminish.
And as a person that took the subway while 8.5 months pregnant and then later with a stroller (and shall avoid this like the plague), the MTA is not a friendly place for those who need extra assistance. Elevators are always down. Escalators are unreliable. There are not enough ramps and the place is filthy.
Anyone else feeling as if we're being violated?
Top 10 Signs You’ve Hired a Bad Accountant - David Letterman
10. You hear him on the phone saying, “Have I ever let you down, Leona?”
9. Instead of IRS, sends your completed tax return to UPS
8. His “short form” looks suspiciously like a cocktail napkin
7. He lets you list your imaginary friend as a dependent
6. Lists every time you laughed at Letterman as “charitable donation”
5. Used to be some kind of financial big-shot in Orange County, California
4. Announced he donated all your assets to O.J.’s defense fund
3. On the 1040, he lists your occupation as “sucker”
2. At least five times, he says “here’s a little trick I taught Darryl Strawberry.”
1. He makes you wear a hospital gown