Thoughts inside my head this morning:
1. Jack Johnson is today's version of Randy Newman. "Red-headed lady, reachin' for an apple…She takes a bite, chews it once, twice, three times, four times, stops."
2. Shaun of the Dead is funnier each time I watch it. The scene in the car with the mother and stepdad-soon-to-be-zombie brings me to tears.
3. The Venture Bros. gets funnier and funnier each time I watch them. "If you have a clumsy child, you make 'em wear a helmet. If you have death-prone children, you keep a few clones of them in the lab." -- Dr. Venture to Dr. Orpheus
4. I’m embarrassed to admit it but I really like clip shows. I could care less what they are about. Give me a countdown or a best of and I'm tuning in.
5. I can't watch any of the talent shows without cringing. That's why I'm not an idol watcher. I will however watch dancing with the stars without feeling bad. I guess I figure they are stars and they aren't deluded by family and friends cheering them on.
6. OK, I'll admit it. I'm a Gilmore Girl watcher. I used to like the mother/daughter relationships but now that they've changed to Rory having sex and catching up on the silly teenage stuff she didn't do as a high school student. Now I'm just watching it for the interaction with the parents. How ridiculously rich are they? I have a few million dollars laying around; let’s erect a building with our name on it.
7. I'm always looking up a silly fact about a program or subject matter. I would have done well as a Pop Up Video researcher. Lrudlrick thinks this compulsion is unhealthy but wait until I win the ultimate trivia challenge!
8. I am such a sucker for Animal Planet clip shows. I know I said I liked all clip shows but out of all the clip shows I'm a sucker for clip shows with animals doing silly things. It’s like crack for me. My husband entertains me and allows me to watch a few when he's around but I try to refrain from watching them too often lest he divorce me for a sane person.
9. You can’t start the day right when the first words you hear from a passerby is, “You be careful now.” Be careful of what? What do you know that I don’t know? Are you a seer? Am I going to be hit by a bus today? What prompted you to look me dead in the eye and say that Mr. Telephone repair guy? Great, now, I’m all paranoid for the rest of the day.
10. Sometimes I get too emotionally invested in things I shouldn’t. Lrudlrick thinks it’s because I’m always looking at things with a grain of Emily Post. I can’t help it if I like to be civil and cordial. “If it doesn’t bother me, I don’t see why it should bother you.” Well it does. Anytime I see impoliteness it grates on me. It’s like a hangnail nagging you until you finally clip it off.
11. A simple kind gesture says more than any words can. Do something you wouldn’t normally do today. Speak to the officemate you normally don’t speak to. Buy an extra muffin and give it to your co-worker. Just because your day started out funky doesn’t mean you need to carry it forward.
Related tags: random drivel