See, you take the Golden "An" and give it to Dan, the man in the tan van.
Ok, I'm not sure if it is a tan van but I'm pretty sure it's the same Dan.
What's your favorite Sesame Street, Electric Company or childhood program sketch?
Here's ten that keep swimming in my head: (in no particular order)
1. The Ladybug Picnic "They had twelve sacks so they ran sack races and they fell on their backs and they fell on their faces. The ladybugs twelve at the ladybugs' picnic."
2. The one where Ernie rhymes everything that Bert says, ticking him off.
3. Letterman (all eps) "Faster than a rolling O! Stronger than Silent E! Able to leap Capital T with a single bound! It's a word! It's a plan! It's Letterman!
4. The Bald Headed Blue Guy & Grover as a waiter
Muthafunga, do you remember? "In a hurry to be fed, beady eyes and big blue head."
5. Morgan Freeman and the chick as the shadows who prounounce syllables.
6. Morgan Freeman as Shy Sheldon the turtle
7. The Pointer Sisters’ singing The Pinball Song. “1,2,3,4,5…6,7,8,9,10…11,12. Do-do-do-do-do Do-do-do-do-do Do-do-do-do-do!”
8. Any super 8 reel played on Picture Picture. The crayon one always pops in my head.
9. The yip yip martians. “Brrrrring! Brrrrring!”
10. The Count singing “Doing the batty bat!” “Batty, batty bat. Batty bat. Batty bat. Batty bat!”
Sadly, I can recall the lyrics to most of the songs listed in their entirety yet I still rely on my cell phone for my husband's work phone number.
I could probably name more but I just spent the entire day on my feet in the kitchen baking cookies and cooking Christmas dinner for mom. I’ll tell you about it tomorrow.
By the way, I have not included any Schoolhouse Rock because SHR warrants its own entry.